FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Don’t worry, you’ll get the lingo quick. “RFID” stands for “Radio Frequency Identification” and RFID chips use, you guessed it, radio waves to transmit information between two or more devices. This is cool because it means customers can scan their RFID enabled product with your ticketing reader for seamless, smooth, and faster entry.
Well, where do you need parking? You can definitely use it there, but you can also use it to help direct the flow of traffic, who gets to park where, for how long, and more. We’ve seen them used for venues, apartments, hotels, amusement parks, sporting events, and more.
We hate to say it’s obvious, but they sort of say it in their name: Hanging Parking Passes hang from your rearview mirror and Windshield Decals stick to the inside of your windshield. We only recommend hanging passes for low security and single use events, while windshield decals are perfect for high security, long term use is important.
Not only is it secure, it’s become the industry standard it’s so good. Security features include:
- - Fraud Elimination: Traditional print-at-home tickets can be duplicated, sold, and/or scalped. RFID credentials, on the other hand, have unique identification chips that make them impossible to duplicate.
- - Lost Bands: Since you don’t have to worry about counterfeit tickets anymore, you can now securely duplicate credentials if someone loses their pass. How? Simply deactivate the lost RFID enabled product and activate a new one using their original identification tag.
- - Cashless Payments: No cash, no credit card, just a wristband (or whatever credential you’re using). With secure RFID technology, guests simply add their payment information to their RFID tag before the event and scan or tap for transactions. Great for events, COVID safety, and anyone who doesn’t like dealing with losing their wallet.
Call one of our sales reps and they’ll take it from there. Whether for events, concerts, festivals, or something else, the process looks like:
- - Call us at 888.521.5045 or use our online contact form.
- - Next, we’ll figure out all the important details, like: your RFID product needs, the date of your event, quantity, designations, and scanning software.
- - If you want to submit your own artwork, we’ll talk through what templates you need to download and submit.
- - Once you submit your artwork, we’ll send you a digital proof so you can approve everything.
- - Once you approve your proof, production starts immediately and, after we receive payment, they’ll be shipped.
Unfortunately, no. However, we have a number of RFID solutions partners we recommend, including:
- - WRSTBND
- - Front Gate
- - See Tickets
- - Show Clix
- - Intellitix
- - Elevate
Honestly, we have a wide selection of RFID chips and it’s easiest to speak to a sales rep to the get the lowdown on what’s best for you and your event.
Making a list seems excessive, but here we are:
- - Festivals
- - Fairs
- - Tours
- - Special Events
- - Trade Shows
- - Hotels
- - Concerts
- - Restaurants
- - Bars
- - Sporting Events
- - Airports